tabs

Thursday, April 25, 2013

sadness & loss





















 -Carol Lynn Pearson, "The Lord is my Shepherd"


I want this space to always be cheerful and optimistic, playful and fun – but right now, my heart is heavy and it doesn’t seem right to post about food, fashion, or recent festivities. Its been a trying week – seemingly one tragedy after another – and tonight I am so sad for Nation, a hometown friend to all, who has lost his lovely wife in such a devastating event. Last night I opened a book that Sally passed down to me – an inspirational interpretation of Psalms 23 that is focused on couples. The twenty third Psalm is truly a soul soother. Words that are full of peace and inspiration, and right now, that’s good to read.  But in light of this situation, I have to wonder, as I’m sure Nation must, is there truly purpose to this path?

I ache for Nation, and the thought of him going through this painful experience. Losing not only a soul mate, but also a best friend – someone that he trusted and supported, and who has betrayed him in the most unfathomable way. I pray for Nation, that at some point, somehow, he can find it in his heart of gold to forgive. And that green pastures and still waters lie in his not so distant future. And I’m cheering for Nation, as he picks up the remaining pieces of the life that he once knew, and puts them back together. I know he will, it’s just so hard to imagine how in this moment. But it’s times of deep, dire need, like this one, when we must look to God, and trust that there is a purpose to this path, and that He can restore our souls and nourish our spirits. My heart goes out to you, Nation. You are strong, inspiring, and loved. 



post signature

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment