tabs

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Multi-purpose dressing

Most game days in Chapel Hill you can pass as being school-spirited as long as you wear some shade of blue. This is more true for football games, but I've definitely worn teal and navy to basketball games, too (bad fan, I know). This past Saturday, UNC played Dook, my girlfriends and I were reuniting for the big game, and I decided only Carolina Blue was acceptable attire given that this games a big deal. Typically for the dook game I'd just wear a t-shirt to show my allegiance...but we had plans to go over to our fave boys' from college place and to make things more complicated, we were going out later in the evening and I'm not trying to look like a slum on one of my few nights out on the town. Turns out, no one was concerned with what anyone was wearing and about two minutes into the game I was ready to lose my baby blue and forget there was a basketball game on.

Anyway, I decided to go with an old favorite, add the appropriate shade of blue with a sweater, and then make it a little more 40-some-degree weather appropriate with these dolce vita boots and an infinity scarf. Casual enough for basketball-watching, and put together enough to go out in.
Being a novice at blogging, this is the best picture I can provide.

Even captured the scarf there in the corner.

Can't go wrong with this simple dress from American Apparel. Actually I take that back, once I put it on for church and Sally told me it's slightly see through at the bottom + a little short. But as long as I don't stand spread eagle the see through thing isn't an issue. Plus, God already knows what's under there - just kidding, I didn't wear it to church. But I've worn it almost everywhere else:

last day of class, ever

hiking?!


and even after getting engaged - see, so versatile.





post signature

Pin It!

1 comment: