tabs

Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring Fever.


I don't think I've ever been more excited for warm weather and a change of seasons. There is so much to look forward to this summer - namely, I'm getting married - and now that the calendar is telling us it's spring (though the weather hasn't been agreeing), I'm ready to switch out the winter wardrobe and cherish these longer days in the sunshine!

Some of the things I'm looking most forward to...

Fashion
white dresses. I'm always looking for a good excuse to shop for dresses, and so far being engaged has been one of the best. There's so much you can do with a white dress - dress it up with some heels or wedges and a blazer, or dress it down with gladiator sandals or girly flats and a belted waist. I'm ready for an occasion and a warmer day to wear one of these:


flowy bathing suit tops. Trapeze tops, flowy ruffles, and fringe are the perfect solution for a girl who lacks a little up top. Last summer I jumped on that train and scooped up several tops that I will definitely be wearing this season. Here are a couple of the one's waiting to be pulled out of my drawer:
by Guess
by Target
 baby legs. If only chunky adults were as endearing as chunky babes. Little Lew has got it going on in the roll department, and I can hardly wait to see those things spilling out of bubble suits and rompers. There will be plenty of pictures to come of the round one showing off some leg.

Fitness
As the weather gets warmer, working out becomes less of an obligation, and more like a means of entertainment. And while it's not so bad once you get going, I'm not even going to pretend it's fun or easy to lace up my running shoes and head out in the freezing darkness after a long work day. Aside from long runs on the greenway in Lenoir and around campus in Chapel Hill, these are some other fun ways I plan to get my exercise on.




hiking. Lenoir is located a short 30 minutes from some good hiking. It doesn't compare to the waterfalls and rocky cliffs by the ocean in California (I'm ready to go back for a visit!), but it's perfect for packing up the dogs and babies and having a Sunday afternoon stroll. Cone Manor and Hebron Colony Falls are two of my favorites.
Climbing rocks near Pepperdine in Malibu, CA
You can even hike Cone Manor 8 months pregnant
tennis. This spring and summer I'm determined to get better at tennis. Rob has tried giving me lessons and even let me play some doubles with him against people who actually wear real tennis shoes, but I've still got substantial room for improvement. I love to play, and you get to rock those workout skirts I've mentioned. Sally and I plan to get to work honing these skills in 2013.

Food
This is getting lengthy, but I can't not mention one of my favorite things about warm weather. Eating fresh foods, and eating them outside.
okra. This is one veggie that I can eat in any fashion. I typically don't go for cooked vegetables, but I'll do okra roasted, fried, pickled, or any other way it comes. I can't wait to have a home with some dirt to grow some of my own, because this stuff does not require a green thumb. Basil is another thing I can keep alive - and you can't beat homemade pesto.

outside dining & barbecues. Everything tastes better when you eat it outside in good company. Using rosemary skewers to make kabobs is one of my favorite easy grill tricks. It gives whatever you're grilling a little extra flavor, and looks pretty too.
Rosemary chicken kabobs
A shrimp boil is happening at the lake this summer!

So that's that. Just a few reasons I need the warm weather to get here and stay. Hope everyone has a happy Easter :)


post signature

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. i bought a fringe top because it wrapped completely around and i thought it'd hide my back fat..except the fringe falls down and cant hide the squeeze under my armpits! haha however, the flutter/flounce/ruffle tops I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete